Ntpd config file support

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 21:04:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Harald Becker <ralda at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Laszlo !
>
>> ... If it is rejected, there will be some unhappier users.
>
> Beside you are not giving any arguments, you are at the wrong
> place.

Harald, there is a difference between "not giving any arguments" and
"giving a few that you may disagree with", I hope you realize. It may
have just been improper wording.

> Again: Busybox is a set of tools which may be used to
> build a small and simple system. Convince for users is the
> job of system or distro maintainers, which use Busybox for there
> system.

I do not follow. The busybox user is the distro and maintainer in this
case, really. The end user is not necessarily even aware of busybox,
just some configuration application well hiding even the fact that is
a linux box.

> Even giving full init scripts is not the job of the Busybox
> maintainers, as those scripts and config files belong to the
> systems/distros infrastructure.
> Nevertheless you may ask for help creating scripts, and
> functionalities using Busybox tools. I ought you will get a lot
> of info here when you ask the right questions ... but not when
> you try to force a specific change without giving real
> benefit ... that just creates a shit storm which no one likes
> (big chance of getting deleted by filters).

I would really appreciate more respect here towards end users. No one
is forcing anything. The end users have raised their opinion how they
would like to see your software behaving. It is not the right tone to
tell that their opinion is a "shit storm". In fact, as an end user it
feels quite scary to hear, I must confess.