Ntpd config file support

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 20:42:16 UTC 2014

Laurent,

I am currently having difficulties to understand your reply. It seems
that you have skipped some of the previous emails. Both me and Mike
were suggesting a simple config parser without signals to see how it
goes, and add that later if really needed.

More importantly, as far as I understand, Mike is suggesting a compile
time option for this. Please correct me if I am wrong. So, your claim
of "eating 20 times much resources" is moot. If you do not need it, it
will "eat as much resource".

The whole idea of being minimal just for the sake of being minimal
without even optional configurability is unreal when it makes people
use different software than YOURS. Unfortunately, it seems to be a
loss for everyone involved in my opinion.