Ntpd config file support

Sven-Göran Bergh svengbergh-busybox at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 19:36:14 UTC 2014

Hi Mike et.al,

I have just finished reading through this thread and yet I have not seen
any substantial explanation _why_ BB should include this feature.

Both Harald and Cristian have suggested reasonable solutions for this.
The concept of sourcing a config file from an initscript is common practice
for most init systems whether it be sysvinit, systemd, or whatever. Sure
they all differ in details, but the principal stays the same.

So please explain what is so unique about your setup that this methods
cannot be used. A flame war on how this could be done is not a satisfying
answer to _why_. Convenience?

Brgds
/S-G