Ntpd config file support

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 18:51:26 UTC 2014

Hi Bryan !

>With my setup, busybox was not being compiled with the full
>usage messages,

A problem of your build system. The default config include the
full usage messages.

> so this just returns "ntpd: applet not found"

Why didn't you grab a precompiled default BB binary, just to do
the tests (like: busybox ntpd --help)

> This meant I would have had to re-build Busybox with ntpd
> included just to figure out how to use it ...

Is an argument for what? Adding extra code to Busybox binary
without getting extra functionality?

> In retrospect, the source code isn't that bad to look through
> and would have been my best bet.

If you didn't note before: There exist precompiled Busbox
binaries for most platforms. Nice place to start testing with. In
addition there is the mail list ... if usage of an applet is
unclear, just ask ... if you need help to setup required
scripts, just ask ... but don't change code of binary without
real need or giving extra benefit.

--
Harald