handling of CRLF in telnet

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:49:57 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-17, John Spencer <maillist-busybox at barfooze.de> wrote:

> when using busybox telnet to manually connect to some service like
> SMTP, it doesnt change the \n it receives into an \r\n sequence
> before it sends the line over the wire.

Then busybox telnet is broken.  The conversion of line endings to/from
\r\n is not optional.  It is explicitly required by RFC854 (and later
confirmed by rfc5198 apendix C).  Is there a bug open for this?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! GOOD-NIGHT, everybody
                                  at               ... Now I have to go