mount nfs with fsc option

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 1 21:20:36 UTC 2014

On Saturday 31 May 2014 15:33, AL13N wrote:
> I found a patch on the mailing list that handles with this (back in 2009) but
> i don't see any code related to fsc anywhere... is there a reason this got
> dropped or not got comitted? is it a bad patch? etc...
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2009-May/069364.html

It is not dropped, it is now conditional on FEATURE_MOUNT_NFS.

By setting FEATURE_MOUNT_NFS to "no", you can make "mount -t nfs"
pass mount options to kernel verbatim. This way, all options
(including fsc) will be interpreted by kernel, not by userspace.

This works only for kernels >= 2.6.23

Prior kernels required userspace parsing of options
(historical bad decision).