[Question] Questions about the BusyBox specification.

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Tue Jul 1 08:43:56 UTC 2014

On 27/06/2014 14:26, Rich Felker wrote:
> The lack of an iptables command in Busybox is something that would be
> nice to fix, especially since the official iptables is bloated and
> (last I checked) requires dynamic linking.

  I haven't checked for a year or so, but when I last tried it, I could
get a statically linked iptables. I might have needed to do some light
editing though, and I definitely configured several features out
(notably XML). But my point is that it wasn't too hard to get something
decent with the original iptables. Sure it's bloated, but I would not
choose that tool as the one needing a busybox reimplementation in
priority.

--
  Laurent