OT:Pop up message can Busybox catch?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Jan 9 12:40:57 UTC 2014

On 9 Jan 2014 at 12:43, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:

Date sent:      	Thu, 9 Jan 2014 12:43:09 +0100
From:           	Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk.org>
To:             	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>
Copies to:      	busybox at busybox.net
Subject:        	Re: OT:Pop up message can Busybox catch?

> Hi,
> Michael D. Setzer II wrote,
>
> > Just got new machines, but have a message that keeps poping up with
> > these new machine, and messes up the screen on my project.
> >
> > Not sure of how to suppress the message. Might be a kernel option,
> > or some way to capture it.
> >
> > Message pops up as
> > usb 3-5: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 64 microframes, ep desc says
> > 80 microframes
> >
> > Appears to be linked to the USB mouse on the machines.
> >
> > Looked in kernel build, and only thing I found was a usb debuging
> > option, but rebuilt kernel with that off, and message still pops up,
> > and corrupts the dialog screen output.
> >
> > Anyone know of a kernel option, or way to have busybox suppress this
> > message.
>
> You can add following to  your startup script:
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

Thanks for the info, I've gotten some other replies as well.

Well have to do some testing to see exactly what the levels are to just
suppress these messages.

At present, the value of /proc/sys/kernel/printk is
6 4 1 7

I had earlier found a listing that
echo 3 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
would solve the problem, and tested it.
I then found that  there was an option in the .config that could change the
value from 4 to 3, but that changes the second value and not the first.
Can change the values in testing here at home, but will have to see if
changing the kernels to 3 will resolve it, or if it is the first value that needs to
change, which I haven't found an option.

Also, got a message that with dialog screen Ctrl-L will redraw the screen,
which I didn't know.

Thanks again.

> Have fun
>         Waldemar

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA      9837209.884483   |   SETI        17208320.847877
ABC         16611686.340441   |   EINSTEIN    14962286.139852