Fix the addgroup help output

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 17 09:22:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:11 PM, <lpapp at archlinux.us> wrote:

>  Applets are defining the help display text on their own, and it is
> different for different applets.

I don't see any obvious way to make it easier without significant bloat.

Pass a list of options, parameters and their explanations to a function
which builds help text? This will likely be bigger than the help text
(many pointers to small strings results in pointers taking
almost the same amount of space than strings!)

Even if you manage to avoid _that_ bloat somehow,
you can't bzip2-compress tiny bits of text.
We currently bzip2-compress our help text as one big blob,
with BIG savings in size - more than 50%

And then you discover that some applets really want a bit
of customization to the way how options are explained.