How do I (unconditionally) enable unicode support in busybox?

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 18:58:07 UTC 2014

Denys!

 > Changed this in git just now.
> Note: you will likely need to set $LANG in init's environment
> for setlocale(LC_ALL, "") to activate Unicode for your init.

I don't see how init itself shall benefit from UTF8 support? in just
forks and starts other processes with a copy of it's environment. Does
init anything which needs UTF-8 support?

The initial messages from James were missleading. Drop this
init/initramfs/chrot stuff. The problem was/is the used regex parser
(glibc, uClibc, etc.).

Can BB build create a warning if linked against uClibc without UTF
support? Just as an idea.

--
Harald