Mini Linux Busybox + Kernel + Compile New Softwares to rootfs

James Bowlin bitjam at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 01:42:29 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Wandeson Ricardo said:
> the new application don't run (show -:/bin/sh <application
> installed> not found).

This often happens when the application is dynamically linked but
you didn't include the libraries it needs in the busybox
environment.

You can determine how the application was linked with:

    file /full/path/to/<application>

You can find the libraries it requires with:

    ldd /full/path/to/<application>

You can make a /lib/ directory and cp -a libraries and links
into it until the dynamically compile application works.  I also
wrote a 60-line script for doing this automatically but I have
not used it in a number of years.  I just checked it and it
seems to work fine.  I could send/post it if you are interested.

Peace, James