Information needed - ash

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander at Kriegisch.name
Fri Oct 25 19:00:38 UTC 2013

Dear John,

with all due respect, you are talking nonsense. Let me explain why:

  a) If you have read my e-mail carefully, I cannot just get what you
call "a proper mail client" because on iOS the mail client cannot be
changed by design. Please tell Apple instead of lecturing me. I use my
iPad for business reasons as well as privately whenever I am on the road
and even at home. I write to many mailing lists. On none except this one
I have ever had any issues with Apple Mail.

  b) I have mentioned I prefer text mail myself, but still HTML is a
very old standard even for e-mails. It is by no means unsafe if you just
use what you like to call a proper mail client. I am back home now and
writing this with Thunderbird. TB is configured not to display inline
images, but just basic HTML, which works just fine.

  c) Last, but not least I checked my outgoing mail and found out that
the MIME content is perfectly okay. It sent the message like this (only
quoting content types):

As you can see, Apple Mail sends HTML content in an alternative ASCII
representation. So the problem was not the message, but that the mailing
list processor cannot understand proper S/MIME messages and just throws
the main part away, storing the S/MIME certificate as a rather pointless
(as in content-less) attachment.

As I said: Admins, please fix the mailing list setup. If you need proof
for what I just said, I can easily send you the full original MIME
message including headers and all.

Kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch