Information needed - ash

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander at Kriegisch.name
Fri Oct 25 13:31:10 UTC 2013

The attachment, as can be seen from your quote, seems to be just the signature, not the text itself. So if only the signature was scrubbed, how can the body text vanish? I can even download the attachment and open it with an application clearly showing that it is just the signature.

The body text might be in HTML, a fact which cannot be influenced on iOS, especially if you copy and paste formatted text from a web site. I do prefer plain text when working with desktop e-mail clients on Windows or Linux, but hey, this is 21st century and HTML e-mail bodies should be permitted. I even switched off S/MIME signing for this e-mail account on iOS in order to avoid problems with this list. My clients require me to send them signed and/or encrypted messages though, and again iOS Mail does not allow case by case (de)activation of S/MIME. It can only be configured globally per e-mail account. So I figure this mailing list should gracefully handle messages like mine. HTML messages are not exotic at all. Neither is S/MIME, both standards specified in RFCs.

Thank you
--
Alexander Kriegisch