How to contact Philips firmware developers?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 9 11:07:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Harald Becker <ralda at gmx.de> wrote:
> The information of available channels is read from a description
> block transferred via an I2C interface on HDMI, during setup.
> This allows the devices to adapt it's functionality. In case this
> information does not match your needs the devices may enable or
> disable the wrong channels.

Yes, that's what I suspect is happening.

The TV thinks that audio is there on HDMI input
when it takes my notebook's DisplayPort output signal
(and maybe there *is* audio, but it's all zeros).
Therefore, TV does not take analog audio signal
from the auxiliary audio input.

It should be not too difficult to override this
auto-detection in firmware, that's why I wanted
to ask firmware writers to implement that.

> "Audio in DVI" is an analog Audio input, Audio transfered via
> HDMI is digital Audio, so you need more than just an adapther
> cable.

I am aware of that...

Thank you for help.