BusyBox Issue?

David White whitedavidp at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 01:08:50 UTC 2013

Hello. Let me say in advance that I am no expert in these matters.

Busy Box is installed on my Android phone and provides grep and pgrep on
my device. And I note what seems to be an issue. If you look at the
terminal output in the attached screen shot it appears the both pgrep
and ps | grep are matching patterns incorrectly. The pattern is X*vnc
and while this should indeed match the first process shown, I don't
understand why it is matching the other two (which lack an X or even an
x in their names).

So maybe this is a problem in BusyBox?

Thanks very much,

David