Question about the installation directory of programs

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Thu Nov 7 13:24:50 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 08:56 PM, Tito wrote:
> Hi,
> see  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard
>
> Ciao,
> Tito

Yeah. That's why I'm somewhat confused, as busybox is installing more
programs into /bin and /sbin directories than what are specified in FHS.

Take /bin as an example, the FHS only specifies a few commands to be there.
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#BINESSENTIALUSERCOMMANDBINARIES
http://www.linuxbase.org/betaspecs/fhs/fhs/ch03s04.html

But we can see that busybox is installing more programs. I get the list
with the following commands.
1. make allyesconfig
2. make busybox.links
3. grep '^/bin/' busybox.links