Setting up to load firmware?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun May 12 05:00:42 UTC 2013

Is there some documentation to show the steps needed to support

I'm the current maintainer of the G4L project, and it includes 9
kernels in the cd image, but the required firmware from users has
been very limited, so it has just been building them into each
kernel, but just had a situation were adding signal files didn't solve
the problem. So, just added all the firmware from the bnx2x
directory of the lnux-firmware to the kernel build and that did work,
but it increased the kernel size from 8.7M to 12.5M.

Once before I had tried to put firmware on the filesystem, but in
the test it then didn't find it, so went back to what had worked by
putting it in the kernel itself.

Don't know if it is a kernel option I have set or not set correctly?
If it is a busybox setting that isn't set correctly?
If it is something missing in the init.d rcS script?

I don't have any hardware that requires firmware, so setting up
test is difficult.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        14741189.522008   |   EINSTEIN    11242028.609852
ROSETTA      7253471.928790   |   ABC         15959224.973599