FYI: struggling with 'int optind'

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Thu May 2 22:56:34 UTC 2013

> The utilities are meant to be called from a shell, not from another c
> program (as a function).

 I don't exactly understand what problem you're trying to point out,
but I'll use the opportunity to remind that there is *nothing* magical
with the shell. The shell, be it interactive or otherwise, is a C
program like any other. You call an executable program via fork() +
execve(), the argv being an argument to execve() ; but this has nothing
to do with the shell, this is just how Unix works.

--
 Laurent