"mdev: remove undocumented subsystem/devname matching hack" disaster.

Piotr Karbowski piotr.karbowski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:14:08 UTC 2013

On 03/04/2013 03:47 AM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Friday 01 March 2013 21:19, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
>> log attached from running mdev with both patches applied onto 1.21.0.
>
> Piotr, I fixed some bugs and extended logging.
> Can you retry with this patch?
>
> http://busybox.net/downloads/fixes-1.21.0/busybox-1.21.0-mdev.patch

I've tested latest busybox git code, the patch seems to be already
commited there. I did the test without the old debuging patches you sent me.

Mdev.log attached, /dev/snd/* still have wrong permissions.

	crw-rw---- 1 root root  116,  5 Mar 28 11:05 controlC0
	crw-rw---- 1 root audio 226, 64 Mar 28 11:05 controlD64
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  116,  4 Mar 28 11:05 hwC0D0
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  116,  3 Mar 28 11:05 pcmC0D0c
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  116,  2 Mar 28 11:05 pcmC0D0p
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  116, 33 Mar 28 11:05 timer

the ENV=regex; thingy is nice, can I combine multiple env vars there? Like

	SUBSYSTEM=net;DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/net/.*;.* root:root 600 !

so I can catch all virtual devices like bridges, lo or tun/tap and not
execute nameif or whatever I do with network interfaces?

-- Piotr.