AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Issue with tar (Busybox 1.20.2): unknown file type

piquemal michel michel_piquemal at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 25 13:02:29 UTC 2013

Dear Dietmar,

>To sum up the findings: The different libc versions on your development and target systems have
> different definitions of "struct stat"; the development system has st_mode at offset 20, whereas
> the target's libc places st_ino at offset 20 and st_mode behind it.

yes indeed, and thanks to your guidance, I googled a bit more and found a very similar problem here:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/archive/index.php?thread-1959-2.html
which led me to revert uClibc change #13027 on trunk/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/bits/stat.h found here:
http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc-cvs/2006-January/021024.html
...and it works!!

I need to do some further checks but I think we nailed it down!...
So definitely not a busybox issue, but rather uClibc 0.9.28 mips specific.

Thanks again for your continued patience and help to diagnose this issue.

Best,