AW: AW: Issue with tar (Busybox 1.20.2): unknown file type

dietmar.schindler at manroland-web.com dietmar.schindler at manroland-web.com
Fri Jun 21 08:10:44 UTC 2013

So, you built busybox as well as the target libc.so with your own toolchain and with identical compiler settings? Then I've no idea about the possible problem reason. Since you've learnt a lot now, you could move on to analysing the problem with GDB (or GDB and gdbserver). ;-) I'd start with putting a breakpoint after the line

        status = (follow ? stat : lstat)(fileName, &statbuf);

near the start of libbb/recursive_action.c:recursive_action() and letting GDB print statbuf, to see whether the information is correct at that point; a 'bt full' could also be useful. Or, one could insert printf statements there and print statbuf.st_ino and statbuf.st_mode.
Dietmar
manroland web systems GmbH -- Managing Director: Eckhard Hoerner-Marass
Registered Office: Augsburg -- Trade Register: AG Augsburg -- HRB-No. 26816 -- VAT: DE281389840

Confidentiality note:
This eMail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this eMail in error, then please delete this eMail.

! Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this eMail