AW: Issue with tar (Busybox 1.20.2): unknown file type

piquemal michel michel_piquemal at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 16 07:56:07 UTC 2013

Thanks Rob,

humm, this ccwrap.c black magic may be too much for me...

It seems Buildroot 2010-05 may be able to compile an appropriate environment (investigating this path too), but looking at Aboriginal sources, it does not seem its uses Buildroot as a base.

Thanks for the suggestion on tar.
I'll check how big a non-busybox tar is (may have to be static too...), but it need to be well below 60K (BB-gzip dynamic) to be worthwile compared to 120K static BBtar-gzip.