SO_BINDTODEVICE is not supported on this system

Lambrecht Jürgen J.Lambrecht at TELEVIC.com
Thu Jul 18 14:58:17 UTC 2013

On 07/18/2013 12:49 PM, Lambrecht Jürgen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting the busybox dhcp server to an RTOS (eCos). eCos uses the
> FreeBSD TCP/IP stack.
>
> I get this message: bb_error_msg("SO_BINDTODEVICE is not supported on
> this system");.
>
> Why not ignoring this option on systems that do not support it, as long
> as there is only 1 network interface?
>
> When I have fixed this, I can maybe supply a patch for systems with only
> 1 network interface (as in the ISC DHCPD code). Alowing to not use
> SO_BINDTODEVICE will improve portability.
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen

patch to solve this in attach
(I can also use git send-email if you prefer, but I wanted to reply to
this mail)
It also contains a small fix for calling 'alloca': it wants a size_t,
not an int.

Kind regards,
Jürgen

--