SO_BINDTODEVICE is not supported on this system

Lambrecht Jürgen J.Lambrecht at
Thu Jul 18 10:49:07 UTC 2013

I am porting the busybox dhcp server to an RTOS (eCos). eCos uses the
FreeBSD TCP/IP stack.

I get this message: bb_error_msg("SO_BINDTODEVICE is not supported on
this system");.

Why not ignoring this option on systems that do not support it, as long
as there is only 1 network interface?

When I have fixed this, I can maybe supply a patch for systems with only
1 network interface (as in the ISC DHCPD code). Alowing to not use
SO_BINDTODEVICE will improve portability.

Jürgen Lambrecht
R&D Associate
Mobile: +32 499 644 531
Tel: +32 (0)51 303045    Fax: +32 (0)51 310670
Televic Rail NV - Leo Bekaertlaan 1 - 8870 Izegem - Belgium
Company number 0825.539.581 - RPR Kortrijk