syslogd with process name/id

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Sun Jul 7 13:52:29 UTC 2013

Hi Woody !

On 07-07-2013 21:32 Woody Wu <narkewoody at gmail.com> wrote:
>How to make each log message saved by syslogd has a process
>id/name --just like what log messages appear in desktop linux?

Each message log sender may chose to send a message tag, which is
usually then process name displayed in syslog. In addition the
message sender defines if the process id is appended to that tag.
I do not know of a special syslogd option to append this
information, neither does syslogd has this information when the
message sender neglects to send. So look at your application if
they do not log process names correct.

--
Harald