Problem with ether_wake when linked with musl

Timo Teras timo.teras at
Sun Jul 7 12:13:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 13:25:40 +0200
Harald Becker <ralda at> wrote:

> I tried to build a statical Busybox with musl on my ARM netbook
> and got trouble with the ether_wake applet. It tries to use the
> function ether_hostton witch is definitely a glibc specific
> function and not available in musl. The code already fiddles with
> this problem on uClibc, so do we really need to use this function
> or are there alternatives. May be we can remove the call
> completely, as it looks more like an informational message and
> nothing else?

I bumped into the same issue. As man says these are "conforming to
4.3BSD and SunOS". I complained in #musl

Thus, they added minimal stubs for these functions in musl so things
compile and work now.

- Timo