Busybox failed to install on Android Phone

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 15 23:49:58 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 10 December 2013 12:02, Jonathan Fox wrote:
> I'm trying to use Root Tools and it said I needed Busybox. So I bought the
> pro version of Busybox.

I don't know what is "pro version of Busybox".
Where did you get it (URL)?

Please read http://busybox.net/FAQ.html#mobile_dev_inst

I have ROM manager 5.0.0.7 on my Android,
it includes busybox. Installed with no problems,
but it was quite some time ago; and my Android is old
(it's the very first droid version).

> When I tried to install all the versions it
> wouldn't install.

What did happen when you tried to install it?

> I tried the most recent version as well as a few of the
> earlier ones. I also tried different locations such as /system/xbin/ and
> /system/bin/ to no effect. I tried Symlink applets and advanced install.
> Nothing works.
>
> Here are some details about my phone:
>
> Model Number:
> 02_jbla668
>
> Android version
> 4.2.2
>
> Baseband Version
> MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V11.P1,
> 2013/09/12 16:30
>
> Kernel Version:
> 3.4.5
> root at android #1
> Tue Sep 24 20:16:34 CST 2013
>
> Build Number:
> 02_v89_jbla668_20130924
>
> Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Resending your mail to busybox mailing list.