Calling Busybox applets from a C program

David Quigley dpquigl at davequigley.com
Mon Oct 29 14:13:16 UTC 2012

I've been looking through the source and I haven't found a clear answer
to the question so I figured I'd ask. I am wondering if there is a
config option somewhere that would allow me to build busybox as a static
library which I could then link into another C program. I'd like to have
certain applets functionality built into my utility without having to
call out to an external program. I've noticed libbb but its clear that
its purpose is to eliminate duplicate code when applets are built as
individual binaries instead of one large busybox binary with symlinks. I
figured I'd check if the support is already there before I start
modifying the Makefile to have a static lib target as well.

Dave