coordinated compliance efforts addresses the issues of this thread

g.esp at free.fr g.esp at free.fr
Wed Oct 17 21:01:16 UTC 2012

----- Mail original -----

Reading the document, the case is more complicated than a simple license issue.
There was much more money under consideration.

On the first decision (21 september 2004),
 AFPA was condamned due to contract breach to :
- pay 901 927,89 euros (for the delivery of 3 computer rooms),
- pay 8000 euros to cover court proceedings

Edu4 was dismissed to receive damage and interest.

Edu4 appeal the decision, AFPA probably too but the document doesn't formally say so.
In appeal, AFPA win the right to cancel the contract.
EDU4 has to pay 8000 euros plus expert missions costs.

License and copyright were not the only issues.
A harcoded backdoor was found in the delivered product.
EDU4 promissed to deliver the code changes but didn't act.

Probably groklaw is more appropriate for this subject.

Gilles