coordinated compliance efforts addresses the issues of this thread

farmatito at tiscali.it farmatito at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 17 17:02:15 UTC 2012

This is the first one I found, there may be more:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/GPL-wins-in-French-court-case-
812269.html

GPL wins in French court case

An appeals court in Paris has upheld the ruling from a lower court,
which found that the

French firm Edu4 had violated the GNU General Public License (GPL).
The plaintiff was the

French Organisation Association française pour la Formation
Professionnelle des Adultes

(AFPA), an umbrella organization for adult education.

In 2000, Edu4 equipped the AFPA's computer rooms. In the process, the
IT firm used a version

of the VNC remote desktop software without providing the AFPA – as
required by the GPL –

with the source code on request. In addition, it turned out that Edu4
had removed copyright

and licensing notes from VNC.

When the matter could not be settled out of court, the AFPA took the
IT firm to court and

won, but Edu4 appealed the decision. Now, the higher court has
confirmed the rulingPDF that

Edu4 should pay €8,000 (£7,195) to the AFPA and cover both the cost
of court proceedings and

two expert opinions.

If somebody natively speaking french could translate this pdf it
would be great

http://fsffrance.org/news/arret-ca-paris-16.09.2009.pdf

Ciao,
Tito