Possible change to /etc/mdev.conf default?

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Mon May 14 05:45:22 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 05:47:15PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote
> On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 18:14 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> > I was spelunking through my /etc/mdev.conf, looking at the syntax,
> > when something occured to me looking at...
> >
> > sr[0-9]*        root:cdrom 660 @ln -sf $MDEV cdrom
> >
> >   What happens if you have multiple devices, e.g. "sr0" and "sr1"?  Does
> > the system get confused?  Would the following work better...
> >
> > sr[0-9]*        root:cdrom 660 @ln -sf $MDEV cdrom%1
>
> I don't think mdev handles that syntax but it would be trivial to
> replace the ln command with a script that simply parses the number
> (sr<num>) from MDEV and performs the same function as you suggest.

  Out of sheer curiousity, what do %1 and %2 do as shown on
http://git.busybox.net/busybox/plain/docs/mdev.txt which seems to be
somewhat different from the default /etc/mdev.conf on my machine.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>