mdev with USB wifi adapters

Michael J. Hammel busybox at graphics-muse.org
Sun May 13 23:44:45 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 18:37 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> Some interesting suggestions by various people.  Unfortunately, I
> can't find the files they're referring to, specifically...
> usbhandler.conf and usb.ids and printenv-hotplug

usbhandler.conf is my creation - part of my solution to this problem.
See http://gitorious.org/beaglebox, specifically,
http://gitorious.org/beaglebox/beaglebox/blobs/master/src/buildroot/skeleton/etc/usbhandler.conf
http://gitorious.org/beaglebox/beaglebox/blobs/master/src/buildroot/skeleton/etc/mdev.conf
http://gitorious.org/beaglebox/beaglebox/blobs/master/src/buildroot/skeleton/usr/bin/usbhandler.sh

I just checked those in today.

usb.ids is part of the hwdata package.  You'd have to find out where
gentoo places it.  It's under /usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids from a Buildroot
build and installed with the hwdata package under fedora.

printenv-hotplug was a 2 line shell script that was included in the
other responders email.  Reread that one and you'll see it.

--
Michael J. Hammel <busybox at graphics-muse.org>