switch_root and mount move

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu May 3 16:26:55 UTC 2012

On 05/03/2012 03:52 AM, Roman Khimov wrote:
> On 2 мая 2012 12:01:49 Rob Landley wrote:
>> I repeat: I have no clue what you're trying to accomplish here.
>
> Shortly: immutable read-only rootfs.

I've used squashfs, isofs, cramfs, and romfs.  None of them are so
immutable that mount --move doesn't work.

> Which RSBAC can provide with proper rule
> set (and the rule set can be prevented from changing by rsbac_freeze).

You're trying to "protect" the operating system from the root user. This
is the part that seems crazy at a conceptual level.

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.