shell not launched on custom OMAP3 platform

larbi.joubala at gmail.com larbi.joubala at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 13:08:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

     On my custom OMAP3 based platform, I didn't manage to launch the shell.
     These are the softwares used:
      * latest version of busybox 1.19.4 build statically and without
changing any other options.
      * Linux 3.2.9 with console=ttyO2, 115200n8
      * u-boot-2011.12.3

     In my rootfs, I created the following device files: console, tty0,
tty1, mem, null, random, zero.
     There is no inittab to use the default one if i well understood.
     Here is my rcS script:
     #!/bin/sh
     echo "Hello"

     I see in my console host the message "Hello" displayed. But nothing
after happens.

     Anyone has met this issue before? What did I miss?