problem with start-stop-daemon and --exec

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Mar 5 19:18:21 UTC 2012

Hi

>> And /proc/pid/exe match will also work.
>> IOW: the fix I committed should be enough. No?
>
> I believe your fix would work for the nginx case, but I think it won't
> be sufficient to match a busybox executable (or similar hardlinked
> type application) which changes it's cmdline?

Just to confirm - yes your commit DOES correct stop my nginx daemon.
Many thanks for committing that

Still my same suggestion from the last email, ie should we also do a
substring match - but this really only fights the corner case of
hardlinked busybox alike executables fiddling with cmdline...

Thanks for fixing this!

Ed W