BusyBox ash as subshell for mc (midnight commander)?

ralda at gmx.de ralda at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 14:13:23 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander!

> Sorry, I wanted to send my message to the list, but the reply-to was
> wrong - it has been annoying me for a long time on that list.
> Depending on who answers the messages, you have to be careful to use
> "reply to all". :-(

Sorry, may be I didn't look for that either.

> Anyway, fancy prompt is active and does not help. To use full desktop
> settings is not an option in my embedded environment. I would
> appreciate if you found out what exactly needs to be configured in BB
> or patched in MC in order to get this to work.

I can look into this, but it will need at least several weeks until I'm
able to get access to my old archives. Had some major hardware failures
in January and had to swap things around. Have currently only very
limited hardware capabilities. Need to replace and reorganize several
things to be on the safe side and do not lose valuable data. So
anything I can do at the moment is to tell informations still in my
brain.

> http://freetz.org

Are you going to add mc to freetz? ... wow ... that may swap some of my
priorities.

--
Harald