wget: --no-cache option (noop) wanted

John Spencer maillist-busybox at barfooze.de
Thu Jun 7 13:30:13 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 03:03 PM, Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Recent luarocks (package manager for Lua) use `wget --no-cache ...` to
> fetch data.
> Wonder whether it's feasible if I provide a patch for busybox to take
> and ignore "--no-cache" long option?
>
> TIA,
> --Vladimir

good idea, while you're at it you could also add an option so that wget
ignores --no-check-certificate

in gnu wget, it is not important if you place --options before or after
the url, but bb wget fails.

instead of ignoring unimplemented switches, it aborts and breaks your
scripts.

another broken thing in busybox wget is the -c switch which should
enable resuming of incomplete downloads, but when this option is used
with a server that doesnt support REST it will fail to download at all.
iirc this happened with the zlib.net server.

--JS