declare more strings with ALIGN1

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Jul 25 19:12:56 UTC 2012

On 24.07.2012 17:57, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Michael Tokarev <mjt at tls.msk.ru> wrote:
>> As with messages in libbb/messages.c and their declarations
>> in include/libbb.h, there are a few other places where
>> ALIGN1 (force no alignment) is used in definition but not
>> in declaration, which leads to miscompiles.  Fix these
>> too.
>
> Applied, thanks!

There are a few other cases like this.  For example, ALIGN2
is also used in definitions but not declarations.  I'm not
sure it all is worth fixing - to my taste this whole construct
is just too fragile, and having in mind gcc does not tell us
the difference (it must, IMHO), it makes even more fragile.

In debian we fixed it by #defining ALIGN* to be empty on s390(x).

/mjt