arm-linux and fbsplash patch

Sertac TULLUK sertac at merihvideo.com.tr
Thu Jul 12 07:30:03 UTC 2012

Sorry for double post, but I have problem with my mail client, so I
resend it just to make sure you have received... Thanks for your replies
from now...

Dear All;

I have succesfully cross compiled 1.20.2 for arm-linux (Need to disable
ionice and ubi*, all others seems OK).

I used: make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- ARCH=arm menuconfig

and then

make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- ARCH=arm

And it is working fine on the target. (After copied to target, I used
/bin/busybox --install -s to create symlinks for applets)

And then, I tried to apply this patch:
http://tykef.havlinda.net/programovani/fbsplash/

As you see, this patch was written for 1.15.0, so I have to modify
/include/usage.h, /miscutils/Config.src, /miscutils/fbsplash.cfg and
overwrite new fbsplash.c .

However, after these modifications, I am getting this error:

# using defaults found in .config
#
   SPLIT   include/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
   GEN     include/bbconfigopts.h
   HOSTCC  applets/usage
In file included from applets/usage.c:30:0:
include/applets.h:217:1: hata: 'fbsplash_trivial_usage' undeclared here
(not in a function)
include/applets.h:217:1: hata: expected '}' before 'fbsplash_full_usage'
applets/usage.c: 'main' fonksiyonunda:
applets/usage.c:52:8: UYARI: ignoring return value of 'write', declared
with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
make[1]: *** [applets/usage] Hata 1
make: *** [applets_dir] Hata 2

( Hata means Error :) )

  Could you let me know what is going on?

Another question is, can I use this patch to display a ppm.gz file; and
display it in the middle of screen ( Not top-left ) ?

Best Regards

Sertac