fixing busybox mount/umount to work with udisks

ralda at gmx.de ralda at gmx.de
Tue Jan 31 11:20:23 UTC 2012

Hi Natanael!

> sigh... The world is really black and white, isn't it?

It never was anything else since human exists ... didn't you know? ;-)

> With a little extra effort we have managed to get an XFCE desktop
> system on top of that.

Use LXDE with pcmanfm, it's even leaner than XFCE/tunar :-)

> There are a few minor details/annoyances like umount not working 100%.
> All I ask for is ideas how to work those out. And believe me: I do
> *not* want bloat busybox.

Ok, lets look into details. The requirement is that they run a
program/scripts on mount behave the "uhelper=" option. But where is a
clear documentation of that option either? It doesn't look to me that
this is a real upstream option of mount? Looks more like someone has
thrown in a hack there to do something not in a POSIX conform way.

So give reference to full and clear upstream documentation of that
"uhelper=" feature before asking for including it in Busybox.

Beside this have you thought of hooking into those mount helper
programs? Why not creating scripts to replace the mount helpers to
throw in your ugly stuff. Just a thought for such things of how to tweak
a current Busybox system without modification to the Busybox binary.

--
Harald