gc-sections requires either an entry or an undefined symbol

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 31 11:02:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM, stl <st.lambert02 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>> Hello,
>> I am trying to statically build busybox-1.19.3,
>> but when the LD tries to link applets/built-in.o,
>> I receive the following error:
>>
>> ld: gc-sections requires either an entry or an undefined symbol
>
>> Which version of ld do you use?
>
> I am using LD 2.19.1

This version should be ok. Versions before 2.18 were buggy.

Can you give a more detailed description of what you are doing
than mere "I am trying to statically build busybox-1.19.3"?

What .config do you use? Do you pass any variables such as
EXTRA_CFLAGS to make?

Does just "make defconfig; make" work for you?

--
vda