Amusing article about busybox

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:50:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Felipe Contreras
>> i myself want guarantees. not just their word that they will behave.
>> "oops my bad"! just doesnt cut it. if its not gpl im not contributing.
>
> There will never be a guarantee that they will become community
> members, which is what I care about.

contributing is voluntary right? they can contribute when they want
to. i just dont like them building a better product on code i
contributed then bitch slap me with it. its just way cheaper to
collaborate.

> Either way, busybox is not that important, Linux is. Linux developers
> don't care about enforcement, so if busybox does, the only thing that

thats very interesting... so i can use linux in my product and not
tell anyone about it? in my previous job we wanted to do just that but
didnt because we didnt have resources to answer a lawsuit. maybe ill
give my former bosses a call...

> will be achieved is that companies will stop using busybox.
>
> I'm just trying to explain you _why_ that is going to happen.
>
> You want your stick, well, why would companies go to the only place
> you can actually use it?
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras

that's your opinion. you work with traditional companies and i dont.

--
quarq consulting: agile, open source