Amusing article about busybox

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Wed Feb 8 19:12:09 UTC 2012

Matheus Izvekov wrote at 11:47 (EST) on Monday:
> The law firm which is advancing these lawsuits is responding to
> someone, Denys I suppose, and this person has the power to decide to
> sue or not

Note that there is no law firm involved anymore.  Conservancy is a
non-profit entity that isn't a law firm and does enforcement on behalf
of copyright holders of its projects.  Conservancy used to work with a
law firm called the SFLC, but does not do so anymore.  Conservancy hires
outside counsel on contingency fee to handle the (rare, see previous
email) litigation.

Nearly all enforcement actions don't involve litigation.  They are
handled primarily by technical staff and myself, not lawyers.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy