Busybox awk throws glibc failure if using standalone/preferred applet feature

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 10:36:06 UTC 2012

Hi Michael !

>PATH=/busybox:$PATH ./busybox.shell.script
>
>where /busybox contains (sym)links for all busybox applets.

Sure, it is possible to create a directory with all the symlinks to
Busybox ... but that's definitely not what I want. I used this prefer
applet feature for a long time within my scripts and just want it back
working. I'm not looking for a hack to avoid the problem.

In addition: I have 12 different chroot environments on my disk with
all different setups. Adding a directory means adding directory to
each setup. Much work. Not so kind this hack. The prefer applet feature
allows me to install just a Busybox binary in every setup and all
scripts link directly to Busybox sh. Within those scripts the applets
in the Busybox binary shall be used.

--
Harald