Android work in progress

Gianluigi Tiesi sherpya at netfarm.it
Wed Sep 7 14:21:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I currently have a working native android build of master.
I'm attaching needed changes, but right now it's a rough way to build
since I need some info about the current build system and suggestions.
You also need mntent patch (as also spotted in this ml)

It's buildable with standard ndk, a link in toolchain is needed to
select the correct libraries:

cd
<android-ndk-dir>/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86

ln -s ../../../../platforms/android-8/arch-arm sysroot

select your android version but I've only tested it with 8

then add
<android-ndk-dir>/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin
to your path

- the correct ifdef should be __BIONIC__, __ANDROID__ or similar should
be checked for kernel stuff

- android/*.S: direct syscalls, currently I've found no way to build
asm, perhaps not portable, an easy way to do it?

- android/android.c: android glue, part from android, part from glibc
(GNU GPLv2)

- android/cfsetspeed.c: glibc

Needed changes:
- various includes sys/kd.h -> linux/kd.h
- strtotimeval() different signature, I've swapped arguments as in
bionic and changed references
- struct passwd, bionic misses pw_gecos

- makefile: LDLIBS += m crypt
   bionic does not have -lcrypt, how to make it conditional?

side notes: android gcc 4.4.3 generates wrong code for -O2 in tar.c
(segfault somewhere in writeFileToTarball())

Give me your feedback/suggestions (if interested).

Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader