mdns implementation?

M P buserror at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:32:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Shawn Rutledge
> <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found an old message about this:
>>
>> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2006-June/056285.html
>>
>> Was just thinking that if busybox had something like mDNSResponder
>> built-in, it would be nice on embedded systems to save some memory.
>> It could be a really simple implementation that just answers queries,
>> not as full-featured as avahi.
>
> I agree :)

Have you guys looked into mDNSResponder's posix directory, there is a
small 'mdnsd' that not only can take a file as parameter, but also has
a dynamic API for publishing services. I know that at least "cups" can
use it... And I've use it myself on a mini2440 and it has a tiny
footprint...

Michael