How to handle/act on options from the DHCP server

Pedro Tumusok pedro.tumusok at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:14:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

I tried to Google this, but seems my Google-fu is letting me down
today, so if anybody can point me in the right direction I would be
very appreciative.

I got an embedded device running an old busybox that got udhcp v1.10.4
and I currently got no way to upgrade busybox to a newer version.
>From the DHCP server I get either Option 43 or Option 66 that I want
to act upon, my device got dhcp.bound and dhcp.renew scripts I assume
needs modification.
But I am unable to find any documentation on how this scripts gets the
information, ie env variables or other.
So any pointers to documentation or some tips, would be gratefully accepted.

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok