refresh partition table

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Mon May 16 14:52:23 UTC 2011

On 05/15/2011 04:27 PM, Sergey Naumov wrote:
> blockdev --rereadpt
>
> Sergey Naumov.

I've run into an interesting problem by using the above syntax.
Apparently when I issue that command "blockdev --rereadpt /dev/sde", it
removes all the device's partition files (e.g. /dev/sde1) and leaves the
one for the drive itself (e.g. /dev/sde).  If I unplug the device and
plug it back in, the correct device files populate again.  So it appears
that mdev is working right, but the blockdev is not.  Any ideas why
blockdev would be doing this?

Dave