[1.16.2] "init: exec rc failed"

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri May 13 08:59:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, 13 May 2011 04:11:37 +0200, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
>I think you need to report to the list which discusses your
>build system. Is it buildroot?

However, I still have an issue:

- If using the stand-alone init instead of Busybox's, I get a shell
OK, but when rebooting, dhcpcd crashes

- To check if it's due to that stand-alone init, I tried Busybox's
init instead, but get no shell and the following error:

"Bad inittab entry at line 11 -> inetd:unknown:/sbin/inetd"

That line is added by user/inetd/Makefile:
$(ROMFSINST) -a "inetd:unknown:/sbin/inetd" /etc/inittab

I checked, and there is a /bin/inetd. Does someone know why this line
is wrong?

Thank you.