chroot option for loginutils

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:21:09 UTC 2011

> A feature that easily
> can be achieved with Busybox included applets (do you call sed usage or
> some shell scripts "doing by hand"?).
Yes, because there is many cases to process if you want to implement
generic configurable script. I have tried and decided that it is
better to use existent busybox applets.

>That is, any extra code for this
> is resource wasting in the majority of Busybox usage ... my opinion.
> ... I won't like that feature and I hope it will be suppressible by a
> configuration option if it's going to be included in main line.
Of course it is configurable and I think that there will not be any
bloating of code for disabled option. I will check it tomorrow.

I do not insist on including it in the mainline, but if it will not
affect size and functionality of general case, then why not.
It is provided in attempt to be useful for somebody. Personally I will
statically compile busybox with 5 applets for x86 and will use in my
builder/installer in couple with buildroot.

Sergey Naumov.